Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What a weekend – part 2

Friday, May 2, was a very exciting day for my side of the family. My younger brother, David, finally graduated from MSU. Granted, he did the 6 year college experience in Industrial Engineering, but he was interrupted multiple times with military duty, which included two tours in Iraq. David signed up for the Air Force National Guard out of Meridian only days before September 11, 2001. He wasn’t even finished with high school, but he has enjoyed this job and his unit in Meridian. He also did an extended co-op work term with Eaton Aerospace in Ridgeland last January – August. He currently holds the rank of Technical Staff Sergeant, and will soon attend an officer training program in Knoxville this summer to become an officer, and be promoted to a 2nd Lieutenant (I think).


We all gathered at my grandmothers house for an early dinner, then went outside and took some family photos, which were then used as a Mother’s Day gift the next day. The graduation ceremony was long, but a success non the less.

Saturday was spent with the 6 of us (mom, dad, David, me, Chris, and Granny Ann) all touring the new Union on campus, and a visit to the Barnes and Noble, followed up with lunch at Oby’s. I miss Oby’s, and Chris and I try and stop by for a visit whenever we are in town.

After lunch mom and dad departed for home, and took Millie with them. She’ll be visiting the grandparents for 2-3 weeks while Chris and I take our vacation to Las Vegas – more on that to come. I was sad to see her go, and I miss her, but she is being spoiled beyond belief by her grandparents.

No comments: