Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

February 2010 - Big changes

So unless you also follow me on Facebook, you might have missed some big news in our little world. We are expecting baby number 2 at the end of September! Unfortunately, we didn't get to share the news as we would have liked.

I got sick the very end of January, with what I thought was the flu, which the test came back negative, and then more sickness seemed to come each day. Nausea, nausea, more nausea, stomach cramping, more cramping, things just weren't right. One doctor said I had a bladder/UTI, and the other's disagreed. We knew at this point that I was pregnant, but hadn't spread the news, since I was only about 5 weeks along. We ended up making 3 ER trips over the course of a 2 week span, and they ultimately hospitalized me and finally figured out since I hadn't miscarried in those 2 weeks it was something else, which ended up being severe bladder spasms. This misery finally ended around the 15th of February, but needless to say, we didn't get to spread the news like we may have wanted to. And for anyone out there who has ever had to endure bladder spasms, you have my utmost and deepest sympathies, because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Luckily the baby has been healthy, and made it through all of that fun with flying colors. We also had lots of help during that whole nightmare, including my mom coming to help twice, and Chris's family kidnapping Riley so Chris could get some relief. Neighbors and friends also pitched in, and to everyone, we greatly appreciate all your support.

I still hate the first trimester of pregnancy, and hold a grudge against Adam and Eve and that whole apple incident.

So, all that being said, now it's April the 28th, I'm in my 18th week, and we find out if it's a little brother or sister for Riley on May 10th. Or as my brother says, "shotguns or hairbows!"

So, back to February. We managed to get outside on a pretty weekend with our little girls.










No comments: