Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby food making

One thing I learned with Riley was the ease of making baby food at home, and how much cheaper it is.  I know not all kids are the same, but both of my girls LOVE to EAT!  Aside from the cost aspect, I was able to spend a few hours on the weekend, and puree it all, start it freezing, and I had a month or more in the freezer, on hand.  Riley came to prefer the homemade food over store bought!  I used this site, Wholesome Baby Food, as my info guide, and Riley and KG's taste do the rest!

I typically make sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, pears, peaches, bananas, and pear pineapple.  I tried beans and peas, but couldn't ever get them smooth enough with the skins with Riley.  Haven't attempted with Katherine.

**I started typing up this blog weeks ago.  I recently did summer yellow squash, zucchini, yukon gold potatoes as well.

I was never smart enough to take pictures and blog it when I made it for Riley, but I did take some pictures a few weeks ago months ago when making more for Katherine. 

Baby carrots, in the steamer, not hard.

I also did peaches this day.  I admit, I buy can peaches, in fruit juice.  Both girls ate them great, and so much cheaper than buying.
Also, I got this food processor for Christmas, and I love it!

Everyone needs a helper in the kitchen!
Pour into ice cube trays, pop into freezer, store in gallon ziplock bags, and done!





 




 




 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: