Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

Cravings and Hormones

I'm choosing to share the better news first.

So, I've come to realize in this last week or so I LOVE Chick-fil-A. I've always enjoyed a chicken sandwich on occasion, or chicken nuggets when I'm in a hurry, but due to my current "condition" as Cager refers to it, I can't get enough of it. I'm fully aware of the fried selection of the menu, because that's the only side I order from, and you may be concerned of the potential of excess weight gain. Luckily, I've enjoyed the pleasure of morning sickness in a ratio over food consumption, so I've only put on maybe 2 pounds so far. Frankly, until my doctor tells me to put down the chicken biscuit, I'll eat until I'm content, or find something else to crave!
So, now to hormones and pregnancy. I've done reading all along at the ever changing stages of my body, and little Baby Nichols. After my UN-enjoyable first trimester, most all of the reading and discussion with my doctor, I was looking forward to my hormone levels stabilizing. Granted, I no longer great each morning with my head over the toilet, but apparently my body didn't get the message of the leveling out part regarding hormone levels. I've never been one to have migraine headaches, in fact, I can't really remember ever having one. I've always had headaches, but chalked it up with sitting in front of a computer 9 hours a day. But this week, I've had at least 3 maybe 4 mornings where the alarm goes off, and the pressure in my head wants to explode. Granted, I've had 8-9 hours of sleep, to only wake up with a massive headache/migraine. Now, maybe I missed something, but from the majority of the reading, the second trimester is supposed to be relatively stable, enjoyable, pleasant. Yeah, those somehow bypassed my house, and all they left me was a new surge in hormone changes.
Luckily Chris is doing a fabulous job as a husband to this hormonal wife of his. I'm off to take one of my new prescription meds to relieve me of this throbbing pain. The pill bottle is right next to the drink cup from Chick-Fil-A he brought home for lunch!

No comments: