Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 8, 2008

Home Projects Update

You need to skip down 2 entries to have a full appreciation of this entry. We have successfully removed the monstrosity piece of furniture that used to house our tv in the living room, and replaced it with a mounted flat screen, complete with Direct TV in HD, complete with the DVR capabilities. I feel like I've entered into a new era with the ability to record tv. See, I have a love for the Food Network, which Chris doesn't appreciate at all. (Well, it's more limited on the nausious days, but still.) So I'm now able to record Ace of Cakes, which I can catch up on while I'm home sick, or just laying around. I'm loving this new feature!!! Plus, I just discovered this week, I can schedule shows to record from the comfort of my cubical at work! The power of the internet!

So after checking off the TV mounting project, it was time for the new shower enclosure to get installed. I must say, it is so nice to have privacy while showering. I'll post pictures soon. Oh, Chris also installed the shoemolding/quarter-round in the bathroom. So, all that's left is for me to paint the remaining trim so it all matches, and we are good to go!

So thanks to April's aunt who works at a flooring supply warehouse company, we were able to get a wonderful price on our hardwood floors, which will be installed beginning Monday. I'm thrilled to get rid of the nasty carpet, and I'm sure my allergies will improve 100 fold overnight! Okay, maybe not overnight, but I'm expecting this next allergy season to go much better for me. So last night, Cager came over to lend his muscles, since my are out of commission until after delivery. We have furniture everywhere, except for it's natural home. We will spend this weekend pulling out the rest of the carpet, painting the trim prior to the floors being installed to prevent any major spills, and moving into our guest room upstairs. But, in a weeks time, it will all be back in place, and I'll have new floors!

No comments: