Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

No more Riley playing on the bed...

She's not a monkey, and she doesn't jump on the bed just yet, but she does love to roll around.

I had just bragged to Riley that she was being a good girl and not rolling around too much this morning on our bed. We usually let her lay in our bed and play with her toys and/or Millie in the mornings while we get ready for work. Well, just as soon as I had bragged that she was being so good and not squirming around, she managed to roll off the bed and greeted our hardwood floors with a loud thud! Chris and I both went running, she was screaming, of course.

For precautionary measures, we took her to the ER to get checked out. All is well, and she and I are back at home. The doctor in the ER assured us she would be one of about 3 cases daily for this very thing. He welcomed her into her childhood, since she has now had this rite of passage! Our checkbook will thank her later!

According to the doctor, most serious head traumas result in a fall greater than 6 feet. Side effects might be excessive crying, a really soft spot at the point of impact, vomiting, glazed over eyes, and/or a skull fracture. Just in case someone out there experiences this same thing, now you know!

I'm home with her today, just for some extra TLC. We are currently enjoying Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and having some quality mommy-daughter time.

1 comment:

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

Poor Riley!!! I'm glad she's okay! Henry slid out of his carseat, with my help, when he was about 9 weeks old. I lifted up the back to get something out of the bottom of the stroller. He wasn't strapped in. OOPS!!! I felt HORRIBLE as I heard the thud and my baby was faced down on the carpet of a JC Penny's dressing room! Ah, welcome to childhood, in deed, little one! Good thing they forgive us so quickly, huh!