Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

t-shirt quilt

So, I've never been a scrapbook person, never kept a ton of pictures throughout the years, but one thing I do keep is t-shirts from camp, school, work, etc. So I've had a box of t-shirts move with me from apartment to apartment, into this house, and Chris was pressing me to "do something" with them. So I asked his grandmother, who has been quilting for years, to make a quilt from them. I probably gave her the box over a year ago, and sorta forgot about it. Little did I know, she was able to use EVERY PIECE out of the box. Back design, pocket designs, etc. And here is the final product:

I LOVE IT! Yep, I even cried when I opened it. It's a story of my childhood, band events, homecoming, church camp, Lion's Band, Bulldog Deli days, etc. And it's two sided! I love it!

Thanks GG, KK, and NayNay for all your work on this. I love it and couldn't have asked for anything better!

1 comment:

RogerandJoy said...

So cute! Did you ever see the t-shirt quilt that my mom made me? They are the most snuggly because the t-shirts are well worn and soft! You will definately enjoy it!