Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Date night and more rain....

This past weekend, Chris and I had a real date. Granted, this might seem normal to most people, but this was something we haven't done in a while. We enjoyed dinner at El Porton, our favorite Mexican spot, while watching the basketball tournament. Then we ventured over to the Malco to see Vantage Point. I enjoyed it. Chris said it was a little predictable, and it could have stretched out more, but it was Friday night dinner and a movie, and I was pleased.

Saturday was a very lazy day at our house. It rained on and off most of the day, and I enjoyed the comfort of my pj's until mid-afternoon, when Cager came over to hang out and stay the weekend. Maris soon joined us that evening, and we had a double date! Two nights in a row! This time we went to see the movie 21, which is about the college kid who counts cards at the black jack table. I thought it was a little long, but Chris and Cager were practicing their counting abilities promptly Sunday morning after breakfast!

Sunday it rained all day. I don't mean a little. Our yard is marshy. Sunday was also Cager's birthday, but due to the rain, the 4 of us just hung out at the house until late afternoon, ventured downtown to Jillian's, then we had reservations for dinner at Texas de Brazil. Yum'O! Matt and April joined us, and we all enjoyed a nice dinner together. It's taken my body 3 days to get back to my "normal" pregnancy weight.

Have I mentioned the rain. Chris discovered last night the creek that runs behind our house actually flooded, and the water level came up pretty close to our flower beds, which is a distance of probably 25 yards or so. I'm dreading the rain we are expecting in the next few days because we need some time to dry out.

Pregnancy/Riley update:
I'm finally beginning to feel her kick/punch me. I noticed it the first time on Saturday morning, I could feel her hiccup which was so cute! It kinda creeped Chris out, but he'll get used to it. I've also reached the stage where my stomach is beginning to stretch more, rather than just fill in the the space where the 6 pack of abs belongs. It's just weird...that's all I can say. I'm also experiencing my face beginning to break out, which is new to me since I've always had fairly good skin. I've been a user of Neutrogena since I was probably 12, so I'm just adjusting to this new hormonal shift, and grateful it's not nausea or migraines.

1 comment:

brad, amanda, and brody said...

I have been so crazy busy with the new baby, but was checking blogs and caught up on yall. I know yall are feeling all the excitement of a new baby on the way! It really was so much fun during those 9 months...

I was just like you though- NAUSEA AND MIGRAINES. It was awful until about the 20 week mark, then I felt great until about 34 weeks when I became totally uncomfortable and stretched to the limit! :)

Having a baby and being a mom is SO WONDERFUL.