Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yes, I'm still here...

I realize it's been a while since I've blogged. Life has been hectic. I've been buried with projects at work, and Chris has been busy with work as well, along with his new umpiring schedule.

Baby update:
We had another doctor's appointment this week. Riley was quite the stubborn one, since all we needed was an ultrasound picture of her face to look for any signs of a hair lip or clef pallet, and she politely kept her arm and hand across her face for 30-45 minutes. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, except the technician kept poking my stomach to get her to move, and I had a FULL bladder. It's similar to the feeling of being in the car, having to go, and your husband hitting every pothole between you and the next available restroom.

Just last night, we went to Baby Time, and ordered a crib and tall chest of drawers for the nursery. We've also completed our registries and picked out all the essential and important items, such as car seat, stroller, etc. Who knew this was so complicated. There are just too many options these days.

So my baby bump has grown significantly in the last month. I was barely showing much at Easter, but I'm pretty obviously pregnant these days. I've only gained 7 pounds, which I'm ok with, but it's hard on a female to "grow into" clothes, and see that next increment of 10 pounds on the scale. It's all mental and takes me a little while to get used to. Not only am I growing, but Riley is too! Just this morning she was participating in one of her many kickboxing tournaments. This child is already on the move, and I think I'm destined for a few bruised ribs here in the last few months of pregnancy.

Chris is meeting with a potential painter to help us finish up the last of our big projects at the house. We've almost been in our house for 2 years, and we haven't gotten around to repainting our living room, which extends into our foyer, hallway, and upstairs. The biggest obstacle is our foyer is at least 20-25 feet high, and we just don't have the equipment or willpower to be up that high. Also, there is no dividing point to just paint the living room, it all flows together. The other reason we want it painted, is the people before us installed built in bookcases in the living room after they were in the house, and they are painted a shade off of the trim color. We didn't even realize it until we were well moved in. They also installed these units on top of the carpet, which Chris discovered when we were remodeling our floors. These are the same people who had wall to wall mirrors in the master bath, with a clear, 3-sided shower. I don't ask questions anymore! So, we are hoping to get all of the trim, walls, guest room, and nursery painted in one go. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

Sounds like you guys are a busy family...including little Riley!!!She's a mover and a shaker like her mama! :-) I'd love to see pics of the house when it's finished...so pretty!

Julie said...

Poor you! Trent didn't kick too much in the belly, but his butt stayed buried right under the right side of my ribs. It got to the point sitting was so uncomfortable but standing was so exhausting!

Embrace the maternity clothes! After it's all said and done, you'll wish that all slacks and jeans came with elastic waistbands. I had the hardest time when the pants had a defined waist again!

Glad to hear you are all well.