Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Longtime friends, shopping, showers, and other various activities

This past weekend, my best friend from birth, Alyson, came to visit. We had a great time catching up, and I picked her brain on all things pregnancy and baby related. She has the most adorable daughter, Cecelia, who just happens to be my Goddaughter. I had a baby shower to attend Saturday morning, so Aly was able to swing by and visit with Jordan. That afternoon and evening, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Bonefish Grill, followed by some great shopping. There's not anything better than dinner and shopping for quality girl time. On Sunday, we enjoyed breakfast, followed by the baby section of Target and creating the beginnings of a baby registry at Babies 'R Us. I say beginnings, because there are items Chris and I will need to pick out together, and the rest of it I'll have to do as I go along, because I was overwhelmed with all the products and decisions.

I was also able to venture out into our yard a little Saturday afternoon while Aly was out visiting other friends to do a little weed maintenance. Please see the note below about the amount of rain we've had. This has only helped jump start the grass turning green, but the weeds are out of control. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad our yard was until Chris was able to mow it Sunday afternoon. Much better, but it still needs more love and attention.

Chris has started umpiring as of this week. So far he's schedule with Cager to do two games a night, on Monday and Thursday nights. We have this week and next left of our bowling league. It's been fun, but I'm ready to have my Wednesday nights back. I have bible study every Monday night with a small group of senior high girls, and we attended the MSU vs. Memphis baseball game last night. I'm pretty sure my social calendar hasn't been this busy in a while!

Looking ahead, this weekend Chris will be in Canton/Madison with Cager umpiring a big tournament. Currently they have 6 games to umpire on Saturday and possibly 2 on Sunday. Although I'll miss my husband, I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend, most of all a maternity massage on Saturday!

I'm feeling great, which is such a nice change. Riley has become quite the kick boxer and tap dancer, but it is pretty cool to notice her moving around. I'm very excited to get to meet this wonderful child and get to know her very soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I saw you had a blog through Jordan's.
CONGRATS on the baby! That is so excitng.
Hope all is well! I look forward to 'blog stalking' :)
- Heather