Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cake decorating

For Christmas this past year, I requested a gift certificate to our local Viking Cooking School. They teach a variety of classes, ranging from observation to hands on. This past June, I was finally able to attend their advanced cake decorating class, which deals with fondant, gum paste, and other decorative ingredients, along with some great hands on experience and teaching. It was a 5 hour class on a Saturday, and I felt like a kid playing in the kitchen. It was a much needed break for this mommy!


Below is my creation. We had some issues due to the serious heat wave here in Memphis with the gum paste drying, so it didn't come out quite as detailed and sharp as we had wanted, but I still loved the class, and can't wait to sign up for another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! I took a cake decorating class in college, but the instructor was awful. I guess it turned me off. Too bad. Mike and his roommate enjoyed eating the cakes after my classes too. :)