Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home Projects

I'm going to take a break from nausea and bland food to share what is really keeping us busy. The same week we found out we were expecting, yes that is the week before Christmas, we were laying ceramic tile in our master bath. When we purchased this house in May 2006, we loved how big the master bath was, but size and the whirlpool tub were about the only things we liked. Our bathroom came complete with carpet, and the 2 main walls were completely covered in large mirrors. When I say large, 6'x4' and the other wall 7'x4' give or take an inch or two. Now this might not be so bad, except we have a wonderful standing shower in the middle of the room, with 3 sides as clear glass. Ahh, the joys of seeing yourself naked from every angle EVERY MORNING! Anyway, I had had enough. So we removed the mirrors, which was quite dangerous, and I'm glad my parents weren't here to witness that waiting trip to the hospital! We also ripped up the carpet in the bathroom and connecting walk-in closet, as well as removed these solid marble-composit flooring pieces which lined the tub, toilet, and shower. I'm convinced a blind man must have designed this bathroom. Anyway, after a fresh coat of paint, new framed mirrors, new faucets, new ceramic tile, and a whole lot of patience, we are almost finished with this project. We still need to install the quarter-round molding. Our new shower enclosure (the glass and frame) will be installed next week. The only thing lacking is the new tub faucet installation and shower lever/head installation.

You would think this would keep us busy enough, but Chris has decided after seeing Matt and April's new tv mounted above their fireplace, he needs to go ahead and get our wiring done and hang his flat panel in the living room. Currently we have about an 800 lb. piece of furniture holding our tv. I pity the boys when they move this monstrosity of furniture. So we have the electrician coming next week to run all the wiring. Oh, and we finally entered 2008 with Direct-TV, HTDV/DVR and whatever else that thing can do. I'm voting it should be able to clean the house! I am excited about the ability of the DVR, but right now, our living room has so much coax hanging out, it looks like we are back in college, steeling our neighbor's cable.

Oh yeah, there's more. I'm going next week to pick out hardwood floors so we can get rid of this carpet. This was supposed to wait until later in the year, but I don't see my 8 month self trying to pull up carpet tack strips. So, with the benefit of Uncle Sam's tax return to come soon, we will be rid of all the carpet downstairs. I'm also holding out hopes this will help my reoccurring allergy/sinus issue. I'm currently getting weekly allergy shots to combat this horrible Memphis environment!

That's enough projects for us now. I'll try and get pictures posted soon with before and after of these improvements.

4 comments:

msergent said...

Jessica! Congratulations! August babies are the best! Anna was born on August 3rd of last year. Your pregnancy sounds like it's about as fun as the first trimester can get. Don't worry, the second tri is soooo much better! We should get together sometime soon. John and I have been meaning to make a trip to memphis. Email me if you have a chance... msergent848@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Ya'll did a great job on your bathroom! It looks like new!

I will call ya'll when I need help since you are the pro's now...

Anonymous said...

That was from me...opps!(above comment)

-Maris

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures!!! I feel like Saunders and I are constantly working on our house, but we have a blast doing it! I hope you're feeling better!!!!