Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pass the Tums...

I remember watching some cheesy video in 5th grade; Mrs. McCoy's classroom is where us girls gathered to watch this "rite of passage" video. They explained the changes our bodies were about to go through during puberty. There was never a sequel explaining the changes our bodies would take during pregnancy. Allow me to write my own cliff notes.

Indigestion...oh my!
So, we found out December 14, we were expecting. No less than 2 days later did the full power of "pregnancy indigestion" set in. Everything I ate, or even looked at got no further down my body than the top of my rib cage. Painful, that's all I can say. This was a lovely experience I pushed through during the full Christmas holiday season. Please be aware that there is an unlimited amount of food on display everywhere I turned around. I experienced my first holiday season where I actually LOST weight. I digested my fair share of TUMS to achieve such status.

Morning sickness....
I managed to get through Christmas without having to pull out the "fat jeans" when I returned, but nothing prepared me for my first day back in the office that Wednesday morning. Luckily I was still at home when dinner re-visited me at 7 am. I was a trooper, and went on into work, saltine crackers in hand. This morning routine I've come to expect at least 3 days a week. The rest of the week, I'm just plain nautious until 10 am. Mmmmmm, saltine crackers. I'm pretty sure I'll follow in the footsteps of my mom and never touch another saltine cracker after pregnancy.

Fatigue...
This was the first sign of pregnancy. I was exhausted even before we found out we were expecting, but never imagined I would become such a useless member of our household. I'm the busy body in our house. Chris complains that I always have to be picking up, or cleaning, or doing laundry, or something, but believe me this has all taken a full 180. I will lay on the couch all day, and not even feel guilty about it. Luckily my wonderful husband has stepped up to the plate and has taken on many of the daily chores. But be forewarned, if you walk into my house unexpectidely, and it's dirty...I don't care. I never knew sleeping at night would be so hard, and so uncomfortable. Therefore I'm forced to make up for it during the day, which means I could care less about cleaning my house on a daily basis.

Speaking of uncomfortable...
No one told me my chest would grow exponentially overnight. I've always been a "busty" girl, but oh my. It hurts...a lot. I've already outgrown said undergarments, and I'm in fear as to how much more this will progress in the coming months.

Right now, I'm looking forward to that magical morning I wake up and the nausia is gone. Until then, I'll be on the couch, in my comfy pj's, saltine crackers in hand.

1 comment:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!!!! Thanks for the update. Can't wait for you to find out what you're having! Congrats again!