Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Possessed Potato

So, I’m no Food Network Star, no head chef, except for my own kitchen, but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in the kitchen. So to my surprise the other night, I had my second Idaho potato explosion in my oven. I promise I’ve cooked potatoes before, but my oven has something against me making twice-baked potatoes.

As I reached in to pull out the 3 potatoes I was using to make a dinner for a friend in Sunday School who just had a baby, I discovered this:
I have no idea how the potato skin, still 95% fully intact, was able to remove itself, and leave the main “meat” of the potato right where I had placed it an hour before. This baffles me to no end, but mostly frustrated me since I didn’t have any extra potatoes (much to my husbands dismay). Chris didn’t understand why I hadn’t purchased an extra potato in case we had an explosion issue to deal with! I love him!

So the second tragedy was when I borrowed potatoes from our neighbors, and the oven started smoking. Yes, I managed to also catch the oven on fire from the little bits of skin that had fallen below. Our house smelled like burnt oven for the next day.

No comments: