Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Relaxation and Breathing

We have enrolled in a 7 week class at our hospital to learn more about what to expect during the labor, delivery, and postpartum time. We go once a week, on Wednesday evenings, for 2 hours. I must say, we have both learned so much, and have been able to ask questions that we wouldn’t have thought to ask. We have completed 3 classes so far. At the end of each class, our nurse/instructor demonstrates a new way of relaxation/breathing. Since I’m not doing a Lamaze class or anything, we just practice our breathing techniques in class. I learned early on, I’m not able to be serious enough to endure a Lamaze class. I always end up laughing while I’m supposed to be practicing. I discovered why last night:

I will thank Screech Powers from Saved By the Bell for my laughter. The only thing I can picture when I’m supposed to be practicing my “he-blows” (hee-hee-hee-hoooo) is him trying to coach Mrs. Belding from outside the elevator she is stuck in while in labor after the baby shower they all threw to get out of an exam. Please also remember they were stuck in the elevator due to the earthquake, and Tory was experiencing her first earthquake, but was the only one to coach her through the delivery.

So yes, this is what goes through my mind as I’m supposed to be concentrating on relaxing and breathing…Screech Powers. Chris has fussed at me, and tried to get me to be serious, but I’m a lost cause.

No comments: