Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

Week 30 Pregnancy update

Tuesday of this week, we had another doctor's appointment. Everything is checking out great. I'm right where I should be. Good blood pressure, Riley has a strong heartbeat, my stomach measurements were where they should be, and the scale has finally decided to take a leap to the right and significantly increase. Yes, I know pregnant women gain weight. This isn't a new concept to me, but when we live in a world consumed by weight loss, it's just a hard mental concept to walk in and accept an 8 pound gain, in 2 weeks time. Luckily I've been fortunate to not have gained much of anything up until now, but it is very apparent I fall in the category of gaining all my weight in the third trimester. Everyone tells me it's all belly, and I really feel like I swallowed a basketball, with my own personal screen saver inside. Yes, Riley is constantly moving, kicking and hiccuping all day long. I've tried to explain these movements as the Window's Screen Saver that has the geometric shapes that just roll around on the monitor. That's what I feel like day and night.

I must say, I really have no other side effects other than I'm just tired, and it's all due to lack of a good, comfortable nights sleep. I'm eating most all the foods I ate before, no more nausea, no more migraines. I feel very blessed.

We've also had 2 of our 7 childbirth classes. We are both learning a lot and enjoy the other couples in the class, as well as the instructor. I'm just looking forward to August when we can put all this knowledge in place and finally meet Riley!

No comments: