Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthday and Baby Shower

Yes, I have lots to write about since I haven’t blogged in a while, so I’ll start with the weekend of July 4th. We began the extended weekend celebration Thursday night at Powell Park in Collierville to watch the fireworks display with the Garner’s and White’s, as well as April’s parents. It was lots of fun, and the fireworks were great.

Friday, July 4th, was my birthday. I’m a whole 26 years old. My day began with breakfast in bed, which was so sweet and yummy! Chris really hit a homerun! My mom arrived around noon on Friday, and assisted me in cooking some meals to stock away in our new freezer for when Riley arrives, and I’m too tired to cook. By the way, we purchased a new fridge for the kitchen as well as a standup freezer for the garage the week before. Friday night, we had dinner with the Garners, and returned for cake and ice cream at our house. It was a very nice birthday.


Saturday, mom and I did a little shopping. We spent the afternoon with family and friends rolling in for the baby shower. Maris, April, Debbie and Leann (our neighbors) threw us a couples baby shower. Unfortunately it rained, so we couldn’t hang out by Debbie and Leann’s new pool, but everyone had a great time. Chris’s parents came up, my brother and his girlfriend came, Ashley and Landon were here from Birmingham, along with other friends from here in Collierville.

This is a diaper cake all the hostesses gave us. It is made of over 100 diapers, and all usable products. It's almost too cute to take apart! The dirty diapers are a game we played by guessing the melted candy bar.


Below is another game we played. It was a relay consisting of having to chug a baby bottle of apple juice, change a diaper blind folded and a pacifier in the mouth, and then guessing which flavor of baby food you were being fed. The girls watching have never laughed so much!



Mom left around noon on Sunday, but she helped me put together more of the nursery. I’ll post pictures soon.

No comments: