Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Excuse me for the long post...

I'm finding it harder and harder to find time to blog since Riley is so much more active these days and wants my attention more and more. This post is full of the random activities of the past few weeks.

We took a trip to the Memphis Zoo two Saturdays ago with Cager and Maris. The weather was great, and Riley loved being in her stroller and watching all the people, trees, animals, etc. Yes, I understand she was probably more stimulated by the shadows created by the trees and sunlight, but non the less, it really tired her out, and she slept great that night!

Me and Chris (my hand is on the stroller, but Riley didn't make the picture, Sorry!)

Cager and Maris

This is the first time we've been and actually seen the pandas awake.
Riley enjoyed a nap while we were taking in all the animals.
This is the newest member of the zoo, the baby giraffe.
Cager was convinced this gorilla was just a statue, because it kept this pose for quite a while.


The following Sunday we had Riley's first official photo shoot done. Below is my favorite, but click here to see the rest.

Last Tuesday, we packed up for our trip to the beach with Chris's family. We drove to Columbus Tuesday evening, and hit the road Wednesday morning at 6:15 towards Fort Morgan. We had a great week. Riley was very entertained and spoiled by all the attention. Millie got to hang out with her other canine cousins as well. There were 8 dogs and 8 people, talk about a zoo! Riley travelled great, which was a huge blessing. We all had a great time, and it was a nice vacation before I must return to work.

Riley and her Aunt KK


Naptime with Grandpa, how sweet.

One of her new outfits, and apparently she's trying to eat the couch! She loves her play mat.
Riley and her GG and Johnny
Speaking of returning to work, I go back next Thursday. I'm somewhat looking forward to being around adults again, but I know I will miss my time at home with Riley. Luckily, we have a wonderful sitter who will be keeping Riley. We were really fortunate to get in with her, and she said Riley is a really good baby, which makes me feel much better about it.

No comments: