Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

3 am joy ride...not so joyful

Let me first say that Riley is a very easy baby. She doesn't cry much, and is pretty content for 90% of the time, but last night was pretty rough for us. She apparently slept too much on Sunday afternoon, and decided last night was her play time. After Chris and I both took turns napping on the living room floor for a few hours with her as she just lay there kicking and squirming, we put her in her car seat and hit the highway...at 3:30 am! We have learned she loves her car seat, and sure enough she fell asleep, only to wake up when we got home!

Needless to say, our goal today is to keep her awake as much as possible this afternoon and evening, in hopes to get a few hours of sleep when it's actually dark outside.

Poor Millie doesn't understand why Riley can't sleep as much as she can. Millie sleeps on average of 18 hours a day, and is waiting on her little sister to figure out this wonderful luxury.

2 comments:

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

i hope she's adjusting to days and nights correctly...i know you guys are too. love the new header by the way!!! want to do mine?! keep updating...i love it!

Julie said...

Hey!! I know I've been a very bad cousin by not getting my CONGRATS to you sooner, but I have been updated by Robin :)

I'm so glad to hear that you all are well (with the exception of the sleeping). She is BEAUTIFUL, and you look great, too (I'm jealous!)

Let us know the next time you're heading down this way (I'm sure it will be soon with football season coming up). Hugs to all!

Julie