Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Off to the hospital.....and back again

I've been having contractions for weeks, but at some point this week they transitioned from Braxton-Hicks to the real deal. Well, I wasn't feeling well on Friday, so I came home and rested for most of the day, and continued to check in with work periodically. I love my job, and my boss has been so flexible for me to work at home when needed. As long as I stay on top of my projects, she's pretty flexible and doesn't care where we sit, as long as the work gets done!

So by Friday evening, I was down to about a 20 minute interval, which wasn't bad, it just put me on stand-by. So Saturday morning came, and I was like clockwork, 15 minute intervals. I cleaned, Chris and I took Millie for a walk, and then I went swimming next door. As soon as I got home and got a shower, they were between 3-5 minutes apart. So this kept up for an hour, and we decided to head to the hospital just to check everything out.

So, needless to say, it was a false alarm. Granted, the nurse said I was in the beginning stages of labor, I just hadn't progressed enough, and she sent us home. I've been walking, swimming more, enjoying ice cream :), and we've just been resting. It's been a long weekend, but I have my predictions that she'll be here at some point this week. (I hope so, because I'm not sure I can tolerate these contractions for much longer!)

No comments: