Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 8, 2008

Giving back & my favorite pregnancy quotes

Yes, 2 posts in one day, but I just had to share.

I just returned from a quick trip to Kroger during the lunch hour, to grab a few items. While I was there, I encountered this mom and her approximately 4 year old little boy, who I concluded was spoiled rotten and a complete brat, due to his tantrum over whatever food item he deemed he HAD to have. I ran across this duo at least 4 times, and each time he was screaming for a new item. I, of course, made my mental note as I do all the time now to make sure to instill discipline and proper behavior while in said grocery store. I finally checked out, and was walking out of the store and witnessed the said mom purchasing the elderly lady's groceries in front of her in the check out line. I remember watching the re-run of Oprah (probably while I was home in my first trimester) as she has her audience members perform all sorts of acts of kindness, but I've never witnessed one like this. This sweet elderly, whom I also met on the baking isle, had a cart full of her necessities, and was overcome with joy when she realized her buggy full had been taken care of. I felt better knowing not only was this such a kind gesture, but this mom, who I assumed didn't really have much control over her child, had the heart to reach out to someone else. It also occurred to me as I was driving home that said mom had walked back and forth to find the perfect line to get in to perform such a gesture.

Now onto my favorite pregnancy quotes, prompted by the checkout lady at Kroger. I was told very early on in my pregnancy that everyone will share their opinions with me, good or bad, and to just take each of them with a grain of salt. These are just a few of my favorites, and the identities of said sources will remain anonymous, and they are in no particular order.

  • Are you sure you are eating enough? You just don't look like you are X number of months along.
  • Wow, you must be having twins!
  • Your belly isn't the only thing growing on you. Are you wanting your chest to stay that large?
  • Don't worry, you aren't big enough to deliver yet. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Wow, every time I see you, she's dropped more!
  • Surely you aren't due in X days, you haven't dropped at all!
  • Honey, don't you know it's not good to be wearing heals, it's bad for your back! (every day as I go into the office, this is said to me)
  • Are you sure you should be at work if you are having contractions?

No comments: