Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So, we are going to be parents...

Granted, this has been a thought Chris and I have discussed for the past 8-9 months quite a bit, but the reality has really set in these past couple of weeks, and even more so, these past couple of days. I grew up with lots of little baby cousins at family events, I did lots of babysitting to earn extra money, I volunteered in the church nursery, so I feel pretty confident in my diaper changing, baby holding, general needs skills. Chris on the other hand, didn't have these experiences growing up, as I would assume most males don't necessarily to volunteer to babysit on a regular occasion. As excited, nervous, and anxious we are to get through the delivery process, I'm much more excited to see Chris and how he reacts to this new baby girl. Our neighbors have a 6 week old, and he's already learned some things from Baby Evelyn, but I know we will both have so much to take in.

Needless to say, I'm still pregnant. Currently Millie and I are watching more Olympic coverage and I'm continuing to monitor my contractions, which refuse to find any sort of pattern, yet are always very present. Our plan if nothing happens prior, we will head to the hospital tomorrow morning around 7:30-8, even though I'm not scheduled to be induced until 8:30. I'm ready to get this party started! :) My mom is already on her way to Memphis this afternoon, and my dad and grandmother will join us at the hospital, along with Chris's family mid-morning tomorrow.

Please say a prayer for not only me and Riley, but for Chris as well. Also, keep our family members who will be travelling in your prayers as well.

We will update the blog as much as we can, meanwhile, please leave us a comment to let us know who all out there in internet land is keeping up with us. I sometimes wonder if I'm only writing to our parents and Maris! :) To leave a comment, click on the comment counter link at the bottom of each post. You don't have to have a google account to leave a note, but please leave your name with your message if you don't mind!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nichols Family,
We are so excited for you! Can't wait to meet sweet Riley! I will be checking the blog tomorrow for updates in case you guys get a chance to post. Lots of love!
The Deakles
P.S. - I just had to use the HTML tags. Couldn't resist!

msergent said...

We are thinking about you guys and saying prayers for tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you all day. It was just over a year ago that I was in your same position. Reading your blog, brings back all of those memories of the last few weeks. Enjoy it and relax, you will be fantastic parents!! Happy last day of pregnancy!
Love, Mary

Heather said...

We will be praying for everything to go smoothly tomorrow. Evelyn can't wait to play with Riley! :)

Much Love,
Heather, Phil, Wesley, and Evelyn

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

Hey Jessica! I read your blog all the time! We'll definitely be praying for you guys!

The Winkleplecks said...

Hey Chris and Jessica, This is Allison Vaughn, Lindsay's sister. I found your blog on Mary's website and figured out that it was the Chris Nichols from Caldonia. Congratulations to both of you and enjoy each precious moment. My daughter will be a year old at the end of September and boy does the time fly.
We will be praying that all goes well tomorrow. Love, allison vaughn winklepleck

Val & Kyle said...

YAy she is finally here. We can' t wait to meet little miss Riley! Kyle is very pumped about that fifth Friday.

let us know when your ready for visitors
- Val