Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The big day???

Well, it's somewhere close to 2 am, and today is Riley's projected due date. I'm awake at this awful hour for 2 reasons. First, I'm monitoring my contractions, as they are currently somewhere in the 10 minute range. I insisted Chris go to bed somewhere after midnight because I guarantee I'll be grumpy enough for both of us whenever "morning" rolls around. Secondly, Riley thinks she's a member of the US swim team, and has been practicing her kicking and wall approaches ALL NIGHT LONG! I swear, I never knew a child could move this much while still in the womb.

So, to pass the time, I've been watching the Olympics which I had recorded earlier. I must say, the men's gymnastics team was very impressive, especially considering they weren't exactly favored to do all that great. Plus, I'm a big fan of the swimming (apparently this has rubbed off on Riley as well), and Michael Phelps has been so much fun to watch. Luckily, we have our DVR, so I can keep up with what all is going on, and might be able to watch it at some point, especially if we are off to the hospital in the next few hours.

No fear, Chris has the ability to blog from his iPhone, so to whomever actually reads this, we'll provide updates as soon as something changes.

No comments: